The Bell Chimes

Top 5 Anticipated Movies of 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

Top 5 Anticipated Movies of 2019

2019 is officially here. Let’s take a look at few of the most anticipated movies of the year.

The first movie on the list is The Lion King. The 2019 live action movie will be a remake of the 1994 animated original. Many fans of the animated version are looking forward to seeing how the live action film will turn out. The movie will star Beyonce, Donald Glover, James Earl Jones and Seth Rogen. This star stellar cast will help make the movie a box office hit. The movie will be released in theaters on July 19, 2019.

Next on the list is IT: Chapter Two. The movie will be a sequel to the 2017 movie IT and a remake of the 1990 TV show / film. The movie will follow the Loner Club as adults as Pennywise, the clown, once again haunts them. The cast will include Jessica Chastain as Beverly, Bill Hader as Ritchie, and James McAvoy as Bill. The movie will be released in theaters on September 6, 2019

Andy’s toys will be back for Toy Story 4. While the teaser trailers haven’t told us much about the movie, many people are excited for it nonetheless. Jocelyn Lopez of Huntington Park said she’s excited for the movie because “it’s going to remind [her] of [her] childhood because [she] grew up watching these films.” The movie comes out 9 years after the 3rd film, Toy Story 3.

Previous Toy Story stars Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, and Joan Cusack will return as Woody, Buzz Lightyear, and Jessie.  If you thought Toy Story 3 was sad get ready for the latest installment because according to People.com even Tim Allen who was on the daytime T.V. show, The Talk, teased he “couldn’t even get through the last scene.” The movie will be released in theaters on June 21, 2019.

Chuck Zlotnick
Marvel Studios’ CAPTAIN MARVEL..Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel (Brie Larson)..Photo: Chuck Zlotnick..©Marvel Studios 2019

Next is Captain Marvel starring Brie Larson, Samuel L Jackson, and Jude Law.  This is a movie that many Marvel fans are looking forward to as many are wondering how she will help defeat Thanos. Captain Marvel will follow Carol Danvers as she becomes one of the most powerful superheroes in the Marvel Universe. This movie will be the last Marvel movie released before the highly anticipated Avengers Endgame. It will be in theaters on March 8th, 2019. 

Last but not least, we have one of the, if not, the most anticipated movie of 2019, Avengers Endgame. Avengers fans are waiting to see how the Avengers will come back together to beat Thanos. David Lopez of Huntington Park says that “I think that this movie will break many records and it’s going to be the #1 movie of the summer.” The movie will star Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr.,  Scarlett Johansson, Mark Ruffalo and many more coming back to their superhero roles. The movie has fans wondering if this will be the last time we’ll see the original Avenger cast with favorites such as Captain America and Iron Man. The movie will be released in theaters on April 26, 2019

Many movies in 2019 will be sequels and reboots of films. Audiences may get tired of this but it won’t stop these movies from going to #1 in the box office.

3 Comments

3 Responses to “Top 5 Anticipated Movies of 2019”

1. Abdullah Saleh on May 17th, 2019 9:13 am

I guess the only thing exciting about remakes/ reboots is that they tend to have better graphics or just a higher film quality overall. It doesn’t really change the storyline or anything, so these movies don’t really deserve to be at the top. In the end tho, the people want to see what they want to see, and that’s their decision.

2. Oscar Benitez on May 17th, 2019 10:57 am

I agree with your list, because I really am excited for the Lion King,, and Toy Story 4. The only movie I disagree with was Captain Marvel. I was more excited for the new Spider Man movie than the Captain Marvel one.

3. Danielle Villarreal on May 17th, 2019 11:26 am

I’m looking forward to watching The Lion King and Toy Story 4! The Lion King and Toy Story are two of my favorite childhood movies!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

• Top 5  Anticipated Movies of 2019

Feature

Blackpink is Taking Over

• Top 5  Anticipated Movies of 2019

Feature

Free All Ages Indie Show Tears Up Local Record Shop

• Top 5  Anticipated Movies of 2019

Feature

Back to Our Roots

• Top 5  Anticipated Movies of 2019

Feature

New on Netflix

• Top 5  Anticipated Movies of 2019

Feature

Why is Fortnite so Popular?

• Top 5  Anticipated Movies of 2019

News

Xanax is Not Your Friend

• Top 5  Anticipated Movies of 2019

Feature

Blackpink is Taking Over

• Top 5  Anticipated Movies of 2019

Feature

• Showcase

Soccer Strikes Back

• Top 5  Anticipated Movies of 2019

Opinion

Drastic Plastic

The student news site of Bell High School
Top 5 Anticipated Movies of 2019