The Bell Chimes

Judge Pirro

Alain Courrejolles

Would you rather be groped by the President, or raped by a Mexican? Judge Pirro claims she knows the answer, as she stated on April 11, 2017, “Every woman would rather be groped by Trump than raped by Mexicans.” Pirro is an avid Trump supporter, and hosts a Fox News  television program, Justice with Judge Jeanine. Pirro was the first female judge of Westchester County Beach, before being elected the first female district attorney of Westchester county, serving for a total of 12 years. No one would want to be a victim of sexual assault or harassment, no matter who they are or what gender they are, or even what race they are.

Judges are supposed to be unbiased and professional, but what Pirro said drips with personal feelings and is clearly biased. It promotes racism as well. It’s understandable to become tongue-tied when the teleprompter malfunctions; however, it’s unacceptable to make a racist comment on air with an audience of thousands of people. Singling out an entire race to try and prove a point is unacceptable and is proof of her bias for Trump’s idea that Mexicans are rapists and criminals.

Pirro should have known better than to say that racist comment on air, whether or not it was by mistake or on purpose. The damage to her reputation is already done. Pirro is now a subject of heavy criticism, from anti-Trump groups, such as Black Lives Matter, and feminists nationwide, among others. As her offensive comment becomes more widespread, it will likely discredit her as a judge to the people.  However, she will likely remain in the justice system and her reputation will be tarnished.. In conclusion, Judge Pirro should have known better than to make such an outrageous remark and not expect to receive a great backlash.  Overall this is an example of what a judge shouldn’t do at all, much less on live television.

1 Comment

One Response to “Judge Pirro”

1. Jennifer on October 20th, 2017 9:52 am

Wow, that’s seriously disgusting

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

• Judge Pirro

News

Ending with a Win

• Judge Pirro

Showcase

A Passion for Wrestling

• Judge Pirro

News

Composting = Conservation

• Showcase

Swim Photo Slideshow

• Judge Pirro

News

AP: Always Pressured

• Judge Pirro

News

Trash or Cash

• Judge Pirro

News

Sports Dilemma

• Judge Pirro

Opinion

Why Do News Sites Hate Millennials?

• Judge Pirro

Opinion

Homeless But Not Hopeless

• Judge Pirro

Feature

A New Addition to the Disney Family

The student news site of Bell High School
Judge Pirro