The Bell Chimes

Slow Walkers Are From Hell

Are you a slow walker?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

As a high school student it is almost inevitable to encounter slow walkers in the hallways, and if you’ve never had that problem it’s because you’re a slow walker. Let’s face it, everybody in the hallways is tired and sleep deprived  so a slow pace is understandable, but it doesn’t make it any less irritating.

“I hate them,” says Yesenia Perez, a freshman who goes through the struggle on a daily basis.  She goes on to explain how even if you ask slow walkers to move politely they still get offended and don’t seem to grasp the fact that people have places to be.

Not only are slow walkers extremely annoying but they can cause problems with attendance for themselves and other students. Kenia Vargas is a slow walker herself and has been late to class multiple times due to her slow pace. Being considered a slow walker doesn’t really bother her but it does bother the people around her. Denise Lopez, a friend of Kenia’s, says, “If you have slow friends, you have to wait for them and you don’t have time so it gets annoying.”

One thing we have to remember though, is that not all slow walkers are aware that they are moving at a glacial pace that annoys everyone. Even slow walkers hate slow walkers. Kenia Vargas doesn’t consider herself a slow walker, even though she is, but she is still annoyed by other slow walkers in the halls. “Slow walkers are aggravating, sometimes that makes me late to class and causes me a tardy,” she says.

Slow walkers are irritating enough, but what’s worse is when a group of them decide to walk in a horizontal line, blocking off the hallway, not letting anyone through. That’s when you really want to just start screaming your head off until you turn as red as a tomato. But you don’t, instead you just tell yourself that high school isn’t forever.

Some people walk slow for a reason. Most of the time it’s because of distractions. Occasionally while walking in the halls a ball can fly over your head. People may not necessarily be having a game in the six minutes that are given to get to class but yet there’s a soccer ball rolling past you. Honestly, it’s understandable to want to interact with friends when you see them whether it be to play with a ball or just have a conversation. Downside is that for some reason when people talk they tend to walk slower or stop to throw/kick a ball. Another reason why people may be walking slow is because they’re on their phones,this is probably something we’re all guilty of including the “fast” walkers.

Regardless, slow walking  is annoying. If you’re going to walk slow,  at least move to the side to not cause more traffic than there already is. Better yet, just walk faster.  It benefits everyone.

7 Comments

7 Responses to “Slow Walkers Are From Hell”

1. Abdullah Saleh on May 17th, 2019 9:08 am

Waiting for your friends sometimes can be very annoying, especially if they’re just slow in general. These include walking slow, taking longer to leave class, etc . . . . The only way you can avoid slow walkers is that you really need to be going fast and bumping into people, but we all know that no one would want to do that and that we’d all rather be late.

2. Danielle Villarreal on May 17th, 2019 11:16 am

I always become frustrated when walking behind a slow walker, especially because it slows down your pace and its hard to get around them. Especially upstairs in the main building during passing periods, there is a crowd of people walking at such a slow pace.

3. Sam period 4 on May 17th, 2019 11:43 am

I completely agree with those who aren’t “slow walkers” because although they might be tired and have stuff going on a daily basis, there are others that need to get places. It is better for student to go on the side where they know that they won’t be blocking other students from getting to places.

4. Itzel Gutierrez on May 17th, 2019 12:51 pm

Slow walkers are annoying in general. We all have places to go and when they are in front of you and taking their time and using up the whole space.

5. Mario Rapalo on May 17th, 2019 12:52 pm

Slow walkers can be annoying to anyone who has places to be. I actually dislike slow walkers myself, however I believe that if we got to know them we could live in unity. Together, we can make the world a better place.

6. Joseph moreno on May 17th, 2019 12:57 pm

The story really captures the struggles of being associated and behind slow people. I like to consider myself a fast moving person ready to dodge the things life throws my way so when people in front are preventing me from doing so. Overall the story feels natural and told as if it from student’s life.

7. Angela on May 17th, 2019 12:58 pm

I walk really slow but I’m still considerate of those around me. If I’m walking slow with a group a friends and I feel someones presence behind me I’ll move and ask my friends to do the same. I know teacher’s don’t understand that sometimes slow walker are the very reason you are late therefore I try and not to get in anyones way.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

• Slow Walkers Are From Hell

Opinion

Drastic Plastic

• Slow Walkers Are From Hell

News

The pressing issue of tardiness at Bell High

• Slow Walkers Are From Hell

Opinion

Grad Nite Explained

• Slow Walkers Are From Hell

News

Xanax is Not Your Friend

• Slow Walkers Are From Hell

Feature

Blackpink is Taking Over

• Slow Walkers Are From Hell

Feature

Free All Ages Indie Show Tears Up Local Record Shop

• Showcase

Soccer Strikes Back

• Slow Walkers Are From Hell

Opinion

Drastic Plastic

• Slow Walkers Are From Hell

Feature

Back to Our Roots

• Slow Walkers Are From Hell

News

Why?

The student news site of Bell High School
Slow Walkers Are From Hell