The Bell Chimes

Pixar Fest

Ashley Mondragon, Journalist

Disney is one of the largest companies in the world so it’s no surprise that Disneyland is full all
year round. So Pixar fest is no different especially considering all the new things they added.
From a new amazing parade, a new beautiful firework show, mouthwatering snacks and so
many merchandise like pins and clothing that people collect. Pixar is now a big part of
Disneyland and California adventures that Disney has now changed Paradise Pier to Pixar Pier
with remodeling attractions to add characters like “The Incredibles”, “Inside Out”, “Coco” and
many more beautiful Pixar creations.
With Pixar fest they have released so many new souvenirs so that guest who love all their
Pixar characters have things to choose between. If you love “Monsters Inc” then they have a
Sully popcorn bucket and a Mike Wazowski cup that connect together for those who want this
wonderful set. Pixar contains so many characters that people love so much. “Ratatouille” is also
a Pixar movie, they really didn’t have much added to it but it did have this wonderful 3 course
meal that comes straight from the movie to your table. Visiting the park you’ll realize they mainly
added foods themed around the characters that’s only until you see how much the parade at
6:00 pm at Disneyland has changed. Yes obviously Mickey Mouse is still in the parade but all
the other floats where changed adding “Toy Story”, “Monsters Inc.”, “Up”, “Nemo”, and so many
other loved characters.
Disney has done an amazing job introducing Pixar in a bigger way to the parks while people
wait for the newly themed rides to open. Disneyland and California Adventures has this whole
different feel around them now. Pixar has been a part of the parks but wasn’t really
acknowledged by people. But now, everywhere you turn you see cute “Wall-E” merchandise or
kids dressed up as their favorite characters such as Boo from “Monsters Inc.”. This is really a
great time to be at Disneyland if you love Pixar. After you’ve seen all this and ridden all your
favorite rides you see the new spectacular firework show that is for limited time themed around
Pixar. This show will truly make you love movies you’re yet to see as well as cry for the ones
you’ve seen. Disney is a magical places filled with laughs and smile but they also know how to
make someone cry. Overall Disneyland is a must go before Pixar fest ends on September 3,
2018.