The Bell Chimes

North Korea

Juan Ozorio

North Korea

by Juan Ozorio

There is without a doubt huge tension between the USA and North Korea. But who is to blame for this? A lot of people would say that the President of the United States is to blame. But but both Kim Jong Un and Donald Trump are making inappropriate, sarcatic statements. Almost everyday something new happens between both leaders. But even though some of their statements might seem unprofessional, it could mean the beginning of a 3rd world war, or possibly the most catastrophic conflict in modern times.

But in most recent news North Korea is actually trying to figure out whether Donald Trump is crazy. “They want to know if he’s crazy… or if this is just an act,” said Suzanne DiMaggio,  director and senior fellow at New America  to Politico.. But who exactly wants to know are the people of Pyongyang, the capital of North Korea. Even though it’s rare that another country would question the sanity of the President of The United States, they have every right to do so since hundreds of thousands of lives would be at risk. It could even be in the millions.

A recent editorial in Rodong Sinmun, a North Korean newspaper revealed, “He {Trump}should know that he is sentenced to death by the Korean people.”  Donald Trump has given the USA a bad reputation. He perpetuates the ongoing verbal conflict making it even worse.  However, the leader of North Korea is equally at fault by continuing his dangerous rhetoric as well as his missile tests.

In conclusion, North Korea and the USA are heading down a dangerous path that could cost the lives of millions. These war of words that have been passed around by both leaders could lead to catastrophic destruction. Peace could still be reached with diplomacy, but it’s increasingly more and more unlikely since Trump still adds fuel to an already dangerous conflict.