The Bell Chimes

Run, Bell, Run

Kevin Rincon

Kevin Rincon

The sun was beating down hard on Bell’s Track Team and their competitors, the Huntington Park Spartans.

The track meet took place on April the 15th right after school. There was so much going on at once because all events began at the same time. Heavy metal projectiles were flying, jumpers were leaping, and vaulters soared to great heights everywhere eyes were set. Of course, no one can forget the runners.

At first sight the Eagles had the advantage. Many of them agreed that HP had a small team. But nonetheless the Eagles were hard at work breaking personal records.

Sophomore, Hillary Aispuro, ran the 1600 Meter Run for Girls Varsity for the first time and got first place. Aispuro hit six minutes and 17 seconds. She said this race was difficult because there was too much wind. Her score secured the first place win for the Eagles

Alongside Hillary, David “Pollo”  Del Carmen, broke his personal record for the 1600 Meter Run. David finished with a time of four minutes and 51 seconds. Then he hit two minutes and seven seconds on his 800 Meter Run.  Pollo achieved first place for both of these events.

1 Comment

One Response to “Run, Bell, Run”

1. Jesus valles on June 23rd, 2017 9:23 am

Both Hillary and David are great athletes , their accomplishments can prove that. But obtaining those accomplishments takes hard work and dedication , like Hillary said it wasn’t easy but she believed in herself and in the end she got first place due to her great effort. Now David , breaking your own record is the best feeling in the world , he proved that he gained confidence and improved his game from the last time he did this 1600 run , he showed everyone that with hard training and dedication you can break records , now obtaining first place for both the 1600 yard run and the 800 Mter Run just showed how good of an athlete he is. Him and Denise sure worked hard for their accomplishments and it will all pay off in the later future. They can go back and see great memories and great accomplishments.

Jesus Valles
    Track B , Grade 12
    For Hours

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

• Run, Bell, Run

News

Ending with a Win

• Run, Bell, Run

Showcase

A Passion for Wrestling

• Run, Bell, Run

News

Composting = Conservation

• Showcase

Swim Photo Slideshow

• Run, Bell, Run

News

AP: Always Pressured

• Run, Bell, Run

News

Trash or Cash

• Run, Bell, Run

News

Sports Dilemma

• Run, Bell, Run

Opinion

Why Do News Sites Hate Millennials?

• Run, Bell, Run

Opinion

Homeless But Not Hopeless

• Run, Bell, Run

Feature

A New Addition to the Disney Family

The student news site of Bell High School
Run, Bell, Run