The Bell Chimes

Whole in One

Coach Alfred Aviles, Omar Rivera, Alberto Ramirez, Frank Zumaran,
(bottom row)
Francisco Arce, Francisco Pelayo, Kairo Meza, Armando Nunez, Jonathan De Anda

Coach Alfred Aviles, Omar Rivera, Alberto Ramirez, Frank Zumaran, (bottom row) Francisco Arce, Francisco Pelayo, Kairo Meza, Armando Nunez, Jonathan De Anda

Bell’s Boys Golf Team has had a their best season so far this year. They are undefeated and have even beat teams that they had struggled to beat for the past three years.

The goal of every golfer is to obtain a lower score. In order to make this happen getting the ball to the hole in fewer swings is crucial. The Bell golf team managed to be victorious against Garfield with a score of 273 to 323 points.

Overall the team had a great game with many of the boys setting personal records. Armando Nunez (12/A) scored a 48, which is two shots away from the school’s record of 46, and Frank Serpas (11/A) scored his personal best of 50.  Serpas thinks what he needs to improve for next year is “sixth period sports, new equipment, a bus for the matches, since they are far, more practice time and money.”

“For my personal game, I did terrible, but everyone else had a good game.  It was a good day overall and we played outstanding and won the game,” said Kairo Meza (12/A).

The players feel confident this year that they’ll have a great season and so does the coach. Some of the first year athletes were proud of their season. “We had a pretty good season, we got second place, I thought (playing) would be easier,” said Omar Rivera (11/-A).

Coach Alfred Aviles is proud of his team and thinks that their undefeated season  is a great way to end the year.  “We did well, but if everyone can improve we can make it to city as a team, or have some team mates qualify,”   he said.  Aviles feels that the team needs to fix minor mistakes, such as chipping and problems in their putting to really show improvement and get to city as a team.

1 Comment

One Response to “Whole in One”

1. Jerry monroy on June 23rd, 2017 11:16 am

In my opinion, golf is a great sport and provides a good experience for the students in bell. Although they might not get the hang of it at first, over time they become great players. The students in the golf team seem proud to be in the team and to be able to compete against other schools. I wish bell high good luck on their next game.

Jerry Monroy
    Track B
    For hours

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

• Whole in One

News

Ending with a Win

• Whole in One

Showcase

A Passion for Wrestling

• Whole in One

News

Composting = Conservation

• Showcase

Swim Photo Slideshow

• Whole in One

News

AP: Always Pressured

• Whole in One

News

Trash or Cash

• Whole in One

News

Sports Dilemma

• Whole in One

Opinion

Why Do News Sites Hate Millennials?

• Whole in One

Opinion

Homeless But Not Hopeless

• Whole in One

Feature

A New Addition to the Disney Family

The student news site of Bell High School
Whole in One