The student news site of Bell High School

The Bell Chimes

The Bell Chimes

The Bell Chimes

The Bell Chimes

Bell Secures Their Second Play-Off Victory

The Bell High School eagles had a second play-off game on Friday, November 10. The Eagles triumphed with a 35-0 victory. Devin Lopez, the football team’s #3 running-back and line-backer and 4 year captain, expressed, “The game was really good.” “Right from the start, we came out at full throttle and shut them down the entire game, holding them to 0 points. Every day, we are improving and working hard to become the best version of ourselves. My game was great, but #4 had an even better game with 3 quick touchdowns”. Erik Stubs, the running-back, shined as the star of the evening. “The performance of our offensive line’s blocking was absolutely astounding. After they complete their task, I can proceed with mine and reach the end zone for a touchdown. The faster we get in the lead is directly related to how focused we are.”

Right from the start of the game, the eagles were confident that they would secure the victory. “It was an amazing game,” says #44 John Galvan, senior defensive-end. “We handled business very well.” “As the top seed in the league, it’s crucial for us to continue pushing and putting in the hard work to reach the championship, a feat we haven’t achieved since the 1980s. Achieving this milestone required a strong team effort. Working alongside my teammates, we persevered together, and I couldn’t be more proud of our accomplishment. We faced the loss of many players and it created some doubt, but we saw it as motivation to push ourselves even harder. Our incredible coaches and cooperative teammates played a crucial role in helping us achieve victory. Without them, I couldn’t have accomplished this.”