The student news site of Bell High School

The Bell Chimes

The Bell Chimes

The Bell Chimes

The Bell Chimes

Tik Tok Fashion Fusion
Tik Tok Fashion Fusion
Leilani Renteria, Editor • January 25, 2024

Trends in the world of TikTok fashion are always changing, combining different styles to create a unique and expressive look. The combination...

Present- Day Concert Experiences
Present- Day Concert Experiences
Evelyn Rodriguez, Eagle writer • January 25, 2024
Climate Change in SoCal
Climate Change in SoCal
Desiree Martinez, Eagle writer • January 25, 2024
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

How well are the LA Clippers doing after the James Harden trade?

On October 31 2023 the Philadelphia 76ers traded P.J. Tucker, Filip Petrusev, as well as James Harden to the LA Clippers additionally the LA Clippers Marcus Morris, Nic Batum, Etc. After the news broke loose, everyone wondered how well they would perform with him, especially with the way James Harden played and the reputation he built up in the last couple of years. When the first game happened on November 6, 2023, and in the game the starters had no chemistry with James Harden and they lost 97-111 against the Knicks, many believed that it was a fluke and they would win the next couple of games and many were anticipating James Harden stepping up and trying to pass the ball to the other star players (Paul George, Kawhi Leonard, Russell Westbrook). On November 11, 2023, the LA Clippers lost against the Nets by 7 points but many believed that they could win and that these two games were a fluke. The next games ended with a loss, and so did the game after that and that. 5 games in they hadn’t won a single game, and the 76ers had a 4 win streak without him and a player arose to help with the win Tyrese Maxey with averaging 25.4 pts, 7 assists, and 3.1 3-pointers. 

Many have dismissed the Clippers on this being a bad trade, and that they should’ve kept Marcus Morris, there were many YouTube videos analyzing that the trade was bad and the team is at an all-time low.  On November 17, 2023, Russell Westbrook came out and wanted to come off the bench, many were shocked at how selfless Russ was and there was a game that day and that day against Huston Rocket, and the Clippers won. Many were happy that the loose streak ended and the players were happy as well, in addition to that the chemistry seemed good thus the next two games after they won, after the next 10 games they went from 6-7 to 13-10. Even after 10 more games passed they were 21-12 a huge increase of wins and they seemed to have a system down, James Harden dropped the most points against Indiana Pacers dropping 35 points and being 8/11 from 3 and a 9-win streak before they lost to OKC in 12/21. It’s clear that all the team needed was to figure it out and see what works, and as of today 1/18 the Clippers are 26-14 and are 4th in the west, many didn’t believe too fast and simply stated it was a bad trade from the Clippers rather than giving them some time to see what works.